Papillon's Escape is based on the story of Papillon
by Henri Charriere.
The game similar to Ard Ri, except on a 9x9 board.
- The defending side takes the first move.
- Pieces move one square orthogonally, not landing on other pieces on the board.
- Only the king may land on the central squares.
- To capture the King the player must surround it on all four sides
- The king can take part in captures.
- A piece may also be captured between an enemy and the empty central square.
If a player has no further move that player loses the game.
- The king wins the game by moving the King to the perimeter of the board.
- The attackers win if they capture the king