A single man may move one square forward on the column, or sideward on the row.
A king moves any distance on an open line in 4 directions (back, forward, left or right).
- A single man captures in any of the same 3 directions.
- A king captures by jumping to a vacant square beyond an adverse piece, any distance away.
- A single man or a king must continue jumping as long as possible.
- With choice of captures, the player must take the maximum number of adverse pieces.
- Within a multicapture turning 180 degrees between two captures is illegal.
- Each captured piece is removed from the board before the captor continues jumping; its removal may therefore open up additional captures previously impossible.
A piece reaching the far row of the board gets promoted to a king (=dam in Turkish), and the move terminates.
Draw happends if
- opponents agree for a draw
- the same position is encountered 3 times.
The object is to capture all your opponent's pieces, or to reduce your opponent to not being able to make any move with the pieces he has remaining on the board.